Galway Dance Project Covid-19 Safety Protocol
In line with government and public health advice, Galway Dance Project have drafted this policy as a guideline around safely returning to workshops, classes and professional practice.
This policy is a live document and is drafted in line with the government’s roadmap for reopening, along with guidelines from Dance Ireland, Theatre Forum and the Lir Academy
Galway Dance Project is a resource for dance, with no permanent studio or rehearsal space. This policy is adaptable to the spaces where Galway Dance Project will facilitate and host activity, and so this policy will be presented alongside venue protocols, where appropriate.
One of Galway Dance Project’s main activities is to provide professional development opportunities for dancers. We normally do this in hired spaces. And so there will be additional house protocols, dependant on venue.
Anyone attending Galway Dance Project events must fill in a Covid checklist in advance and register their details for contact tracing.
Participants are asked to follow the directions of staff at venues, as well as to follow signage instructions.
Participants are also asked to follow the below guidance, which comes from government and public health advice:
You should not attend for rehearsal/workshop or any other activity if:
- You have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days including cough, shortness of breath or temperature of 38 degrees or over.
- You been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 infection in the last 14 days.
- You are a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 in the past 14 days (i.e. less than 2m for more than 15 minutes accumulative in 1 day).
- You have been advised by a doctor to isolate or cocoon.
Please ensure safety by:
- Maintaining the minimum 2 metre physical distancing
- Wear a face covering if 2 metre distancing is not possible
- Carry out good cough etiquette and hand hygiene. Hand washing or alcohol hand gel sanitisation should be carried out regularly, but in particular during these times:
- When arriving and leaving a site
- After use of the toilet
- Before and after eating
- After coughing and sneezing
- Before and after having a cigarette or vaping
- When hands are dirty
- Before and after preparing food
- If in contact with someone who is displaying Covid 19 symptoms
- Before and after being on public transport
- Before and after being in a crowd
We will further ensure safety by advising all participants to wear a face covering on arrival and in public areas of the venue. Face coverings must be worn when 2 metre social distancing cannot apply.
Galway Dance Project will provide hand sanitiser and disposable masks.
Galway Dance Project will liaise with individual venues to consolidate Covid safety policies and will communicate these in advance to registered participants.
Additional Guidelines Specific to Galway Dance Project
In addition to the above, please adhere to the below guidelines for your safety:
- Please ensure that you have filled in and returned the Covid-19 safety checklist in advance of the event you are attending
- Please do not bring any unregistered or additional personel with you to the venue
- Please do not have any unregistered persons arrive at the venue throughout the event that you are attending.
- Dancers will be required to arrive in practice clothes; no changing facilities can be provided at present
- Please bring your own bottle of water to class.
Galway Dance Project’s certified Covid officer is Jill Murray. Email email@example.com with any questions
This document was drafted in July 2020 in accordance with current guidelines, and is subject to change